It’s 9:33 pm. I’m sleepy and hungry, but I’m pretty sure I’m only hungry because I know I can’t eat right now.
Okay, I could eat, but I’m serious about trying intermittent fasting. My mind wants to convince me that I’m hungry and that I need to eat when I know good and well that I was full an hour ago.
*of course you’ll be reading this after I break my fast*
I need to be getting to sleep – I’ve been staying up later and later thanks to the Chicago Med/P.D./ Fire shows, but the allergy medicine I took earlier has had just enough time to make me feel that delirious version of sleepy.
Fyi – I stayed up to watch Chicago Fire 😍
Okay, so it’s 12 hours later – 9:34 to be exact – and I’m feeling a lot better this morning than I was yesterday. I slept a bit later, so that might have something to do with it, but that theory will be tested tomorrow because I will have to be at work at 7am. I’ve also got a lot going on, so that should keep my mind busy.
*I work as a Human Relations Coordinator and it’s open enrollment for healthcare 😱*
Honestly, intermittent fasting is easier than my actual diet, because I know that I can eat, I just have to wait until a certain time. With my diet I know that once I hit my calories I’m done – at least, I should be.
If you want to follow my journey via my Instagram then click here! I’ve been posting different foods that I’m trying and progress pictures – when there are progress pictures! 😂
Until next time! Thanks for reading!
I think when you know you can’t eat, well, it makes you want to that much more.
It’s day one of my intermittent fasting and it 8:48am. I’m fasting from 8pm-10am, so fasting for 14 hours and eating for 10. I’d like to get up to a 16/8, but I know myself and it’s something I’d need to work up to.
It wasn’t too hard to stop eating at 8. I mean, I had the munchies, but nothing that lead me to stealing into the kitchen like a thief to gorge myself and potato chips and chocolate.
This morning though? I’m hungry and I’m at work staring at a computer screen that just won’t seem to turn into a big bowl of oatmeal.
I have goals. I want to lose 50lbs by the end of the year and I’m determined to succeed. I’m using My Fitness Pal and paying more attention to what I’m eating instead of just how much. This is a lifestyle change and it’s one that I need to make. I need to be healthy so my future self won’t end up with a crap ton of medical issues that could have been prevented.
* I’ve included a blog post by someone who knows me about this than I do, so if you’re curious about the logistics of it click here! *
I’m going to try to past daily blogs about how I feel, how much weight has been lost, and what kinds of foods I’m eating – for myself to look back on and for others to see that maybe what their feeling is normal. I’m not naturally thin nor athletic and I never forget to eat a meal.
But it’s time to make changes for the better, so this is my journey.
I, like millions of other women, have joined the world of online dating. I’ve come across sweet guys, creepy guys, and everything in the middle. From guys with pictures with cute dogs to pictures of them holding their shirt up to show off their “abs”.
Believe me, I’m pretty sure I’ve seen it all.
So, on this cold Friday night, I thought I’d make a list of dating site dont’s for guys to read and learn from.
P. S. This is pure fun and not to be taken seriously. (At least mostly)
After all, maybe some of these donts are attractive to other girls.
- Exnay the shirtless pics unless you’re doing some sort of activity that requires you to be shirtless. I.e. Swimming, hanging at the beach, wake boarding, etc. I get you’re proud of your abs, but it comes off more conceited than attractive. IMO.
- Don’t go on and on about how you’re done with the games. I get it, you’re looking for something serious. Instead of going on about how your ex cheated on you or took you for granted, just say you’re looking for something serious and life long. That’s it. It’s as simple as that.
- Leave the alcohol out of your pics. Let me just say, I have nothing against a good glass of wine, a bottle of beer, or a good mixed drink, but a picture of you hold a bud lite just comes across as if you’re a 21 year old trying to look cool.
- Speaking of pictures, have some! What’s the point of an online dating profile if you have no pictures?!
- Be honest, for heavens sakes. Don’t put that you’re 5’10 if you’re 5’3 or that you’re 30 if you’re really turning 40. I know that may sound cute in your head, but I know that for me that makes you a big no.
- Don’t have a generic profile! There’s millions of guys out there and you’re, in a sense, competing against them. Tell me about yourself! Do you have dogs? Sisters and brothers? What are your hobbies?
- Please, try to not start a conversation with, “hi how r u.”. I’m serious, unless you have a great profile I probably won’t even reply. Start with something cute, like commenting on how cute my dogs are or how you love to write as well. Get that convo going!
- Please, please, don’t say anything sexual in the first few message exchanges. Unless you’re looking for just a hookup, then go for it, I guess.
Okay, that’s all I have for now. ✌🏻
I get you. For years I didn’t post or even take full body pics. I felt like my face was way better than the rest of me and if I showed the world what I looked like no one would want to pay attention to me.
I see people who have so many pictures from high school and how they lovingly look back on them. I, however, have very few pictures from that period of my life.
Don’t get me wrong, I have a few, but I spent that time avoiding the camera from the chest down.
Why do we do it?
We are trained to think that unless you look a certain way, you aren’t attractive. We see pictures like this splashed all over the internet and magazines and we think this is the norm.
Or maybe we feel that our chest is too big. Maybe it’s too small. Maybe we think we look too thin and are afraid people will make fun of us. Maybe we hate our stomach.
There’s a million reasons we don’t like our body and I couldn’t even begin to name them all. We also forget that it’s not just curvy girls that feel self conscious.
All women feel that way; big or small, tall or short.
But that’s the thing – if we all feel that way at some point, then why can’t we just be accepting of each other?
Your body does not define you. Your skin color does not define you. Your clothes do not define you. Your hair does not define you.
You define who you are.
Take control of who you are and go on a journey of learning to love yourself. Take those pictures. Post those pictures. Life does not wait for you to decide you’re good enough, so live each day. Enjoy your friends and family. Wear that bathing suit to the beach. Wear the leggings.
Don’t hide everything but your face. Be proud and unapologetically so.
Oh, the Holiday palettes are here again! So many to choose from and only so much money 😫 So how do you choose? By reviews, of course!
Today I bring you my first First Impression Thursday! I’ve reviewed the new Tarte Holiday 2016 Set that’s available at ulta.com
Click here to see product at ulta.com
I’m trying something new and making a video instead of a blog post 😱 Click here for the YouTube video!
Let me know what you think and leave me some love ❤️
Happy November 1st, y’all! It’s officially the holiday season and we’re even playing Christmas music at work (yes, we’re those people)!
This month is about thankfulness, and I want to take the time each day to post something I’m thankful for. I want to focus more on the less generic things, so today I’m thankful for running water.
It’s an easy thing to take for granted, but there are people who don’t have running water, and some that do don’t have dependable running water.
It’s so easy for us to turn the water on to take a bath or wash dishes, but to others it’s a luxury they’ll never experience.
What are you thankful for today?
October has been a great month! Fall is officially here, the weather is turning colder, and Christmas is just around the corner!
- To start off this favorites blog I have to tell y’all about the perfume that I’m obsessed with – YSL Black Opium. I received a sample of it and was completely hooked, so I had to buy the big bottle. It has this really womanly scent, but a hint of something almost smoky. If you’re close to an ULTA or Sephora then you NEED to go and smell it.
Click here to check it out at Ulta
- Following perfume we may as well stick with beauty, so my next favorite is Anastasia Beverly Hills lip gloss in Fudge. Man oh man, is this gloss pigmented! I just use a lip liner underneath and apply the gloss and go! It doesn’t spill outside of the lip line and it’s so comfortable to wear! It’s an amazing color for fall.
Click here to see this gloss at Sephora
- Transitioning from beauty to candles, my next favorite is the Mahogany Apple candle at Bath and Body. If you’ve ever smelled the Mahogany Teakwood candle (thank you Jaclyn Hill!) then just imagine that mixed with the scent of apples. Amazing!
After writing this I realized that it was no longer on the Bath and Body website 😱 Im not sure if it’s only available in stores. So sorry!
- I couldn’t have an October favorites without mentioning the purse I’ve been carrying! In the fall and winter (or any time, really) I love cross body bags because I find them easier to carry with all my extra layers. This one has an adjustable strap and the perfect amount of room. The design is just so pretty and in right now, as well!
Click here to see this bag
- Next is a clothing item! I’ve recently been really in to Ralph Lauren shirts and I’ve gotten so much use out of this one! It’s long enough for me to comfortably wear it with yoga pants, but isn’t too long that it looks frumpy. It’s a loose fit and lightweight. A big plus is that’s it’s part of their Pink Pony collection which donates money to cancer charities.
Click here to see this shirt at ralphlauren.com
- Last, but certainly not least, is my first ever pair of Lularoe leggings. If you haven’t heard of them before, go to facebook and type lularoe into the search bar. You’ll find tons of online shops and while you wait to be accepted into the group, google lularoe and see what they’re all about! I have bought six pairs in the last three weeks 😱 I’ve thought about doing a review of the brand, so if that’s something you’d be interested in let me know! These are so comfy and cute and I love that they have zombies all over them!
Click here to go to the lularoe website
And there we have it! These are the items that I have been loving in the month of October. What are your October favorites? Let me know! ❤️