I, like millions of other women, have joined the world of online dating. I’ve come across sweet guys, creepy guys, and everything in the middle. From guys with pictures with cute dogs to pictures of them holding their shirt up to show off their “abs”.
Believe me, I’m pretty sure I’ve seen it all.
So, on this cold Friday night, I thought I’d make a list of dating site dont’s for guys to read and learn from.
P. S. This is pure fun and not to be taken seriously. (At least mostly)
After all, maybe some of these donts are attractive to other girls.
- Exnay the shirtless pics unless you’re doing some sort of activity that requires you to be shirtless. I.e. Swimming, hanging at the beach, wake boarding, etc. I get you’re proud of your abs, but it comes off more conceited than attractive. IMO.
- Don’t go on and on about how you’re done with the games. I get it, you’re looking for something serious. Instead of going on about how your ex cheated on you or took you for granted, just say you’re looking for something serious and life long. That’s it. It’s as simple as that.
- Leave the alcohol out of your pics. Let me just say, I have nothing against a good glass of wine, a bottle of beer, or a good mixed drink, but a picture of you hold a bud lite just comes across as if you’re a 21 year old trying to look cool.
- Speaking of pictures, have some! What’s the point of an online dating profile if you have no pictures?!
- Be honest, for heavens sakes. Don’t put that you’re 5’10 if you’re 5’3 or that you’re 30 if you’re really turning 40. I know that may sound cute in your head, but I know that for me that makes you a big no.
- Don’t have a generic profile! There’s millions of guys out there and you’re, in a sense, competing against them. Tell me about yourself! Do you have dogs? Sisters and brothers? What are your hobbies?
- Please, try to not start a conversation with, “hi how r u.”. I’m serious, unless you have a great profile I probably won’t even reply. Start with something cute, like commenting on how cute my dogs are or how you love to write as well. Get that convo going!
- Please, please, don’t say anything sexual in the first few message exchanges. Unless you’re looking for just a hookup, then go for it, I guess.
Okay, that’s all I have for now. ✌🏻